diversity arts – advocacy support
Diversity Arts is closely following the situation and government advice in response to COVID-19. As we continue our work to support culturally diverse artists and promote increased diversity in the arts, please share your experiences in our new COVID impact survey for 2021.
We’re revisiting the impacts of living with COVID restrictions alongside the impacts of BLM and racism on culturally diverse artists, groups and organisations. If you’re a creative or organisation, please share your experiences and help us advocate for you.
Additional ways to connect with us in 2021:
- Promoting digital – We are expanding our capacity to host digital meetings, workshops and discussions. Stay tuned to our social media channels for new dates as we reschedule events to be hosted online over the next few months.
- Advocating – Diversity Arts is collaborating with our colleagues in the sector to make the case for artists, especially CaLD artists who we know are already underrepresented, to be included in the next government support package.
- Stay connected from home – Through this period, you can continue to contact all staff as usual via email as our teams are working from home.
COVID-19 INFORMATION and SERVICES
- Australian Government Department of Health – Translations
- SBS Translated COVID-19 – Translated Daily Updates
- Translated Resources – Multicultural Health Communication Service (MHCS)
- Migration and COVID-19 – Sydney University Policy lab discussion on the impacts of COVID on migrants
- FECCA – CALD Resources for COVID-19
- Refugee Council of Australia COVID-19 Response
- COVID-19 Factsheets – The Harmony Alliance Migrant and Refugee Women for Change
- STARTTS Support Services for Refugees and Asylum Seekers
- Embrace: Multicultural Mental Health Service Providers
- This Way Up – Multilingual Wellbeing Resources + MHCS Mental Health Resources
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre (NSW)
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre (QLD)
- Beyond Blue: 1300 22 4636
- Support Act: 1800 959 500. A well-being helpline for arts workers you can call 24hrs a day.
- Lifeline and Translating and Interpreting Services (TIS). Call TIS on 131 450 and ask to talk to Lifeline on 13 11 14 in the language required. TIS will call Lifeline on behalf of the caller
ARTIST SUPPORT – creative sector
Keep an eye out for updates!
- The Australia Council for the Arts – Guide to Government COVID-19 Assistance for the Arts 2021.
- The federal goverment’s COVID-19 page on the creative and cultural sector.
- Services Australia – Translations for payments.
- Australian Government Treasury Federal Government measures to provide hardship support information for individuals and businesses.
- The non-for-profit Funding Centre page.
- MYAN – National Shared Resource Library for COVID-19 – Assistance for young people from Refugee and Migrant backgrounds.
- Artists Benevolent Fund provides modest but useful one-off financial assistance to Australian visual artists in crisis as a result of emergencies.
- Copyright Agency Funding support for online projects featuring Australian writers, Australian writer’s festivals, individual writers, visual artists and creative organisations.
- Australian Tax Office Covid-19 support available for Individual, Business and Not for Profits.
- COVID19 Financial Survival Guide – The Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is a challenging time for everyone in Australia (and the world). This is a guide on steps to take and where to find support.
- Arts Law Centre of Australia – COVID-19 FAQs for artists.
- NAVA Guide – Organisations for Australian Government measures to assist businesses and employers during Covid-19.
- NAVA Guide – Sole Traders to Australian Government measures to assist sole traders during Covid-19.
- ArtsFront and the Every Voice Foundation’s latest action Keeping Connected provides artists with one-off payments to cover the costs of their phone and data plans.
- Regional Arts Australia – COVID Updates.
- Visit Arts ACT for the latest updates.
- If you have had a Create NSW funded event or activity impacted by venue closures and event cancellations, please get in touch with the Arts Funding team.
- Actors Benevolent Fund of NSW provides compassionate and confidential support.
- City of Sydney Relief During Lockdown.
- Create NSW COVID support.
- Music NSW COVID-19 Resource Register.
- Multicultural NSW Grants.
- Arts and Culture 2021 COVID-19 Interruption Support.
- Visit the NT government page for the latest updates.
- The multicultural grants program supports art making, creative development and professional development across all art forms. They are open to independent artists and smaller organisations.
- Visit the COVID-19 resources pages at Music SA and City of Adelaide for additional grant information.
- Creative Victoria support grants, COVID restrictions and industry updates.
- The City of Melbourne funding and opportunities for artists.
- The Victorian Government grants and programs for businesses.
- Visit Creative VIC’s Creative industries Q&A – Coronavirus (COVID-19) for updates.
- City of Greater Dandenong Community grants.
- Creative Communities COVID-19 Recovery Program.
- WA Culture and the Arts.
- City of Vincent COVID Arts Relief.
- Screenwest WA funding and support.
- Performing Lines opportunities.
- Visit Regional Arts WA for the most recent updates.
SOLIDARITY AND SECTOR SUPPORT
- National Association of Visual Artists impact survey.
- Data gathering by I Lost My Gig.
- The Media, Entertainment & Arts Alliance survey on lost gigs and cancelled work.
- Vital support for the music industry by Support Act.
- NAVA’s support for visual artists through the Artist Benevolent Fund.
- Arts Law’s legal support for artists.
- Live Performance Australia’s campaign #livesupport.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Racism Incident Report Survey from the Asian Australian Alliance, Being Asian Australian in partnership with Diversity Arts Australia and Democracy in Colour.
- The First Nations #COVID19 Performing Arts Wellbeing Survey by ILBIJERRI Theatre Company, Yirra Yaakin Theatre Company, Moogahlin Performing Arts, and BlakDance. (Closed June 17, 2020.)
- Creativity in Crisis: Rebooting Australia’s Arts and Entertainment Sector After COVID Report
ONLINE LEARNING AND REMOTE WORKING PLATFORMS AND RESOURCES
- Australia Council’s Stream Arts (@Stream_Arts_) is a brand new place where you can connect to arts and creativity at home.
- Accessible Teaching in the Time of COVID-19
- Distance Learning Tips
- Resources for Moving Dance-Based Pedagogy Online
- Remote Teaching Resources
- Teaching Theatre Online: A Shift in Pedagogy Amidst Coronavirus Outbreak
- “Ways of Gathering In the Age of COVID-19”
- “Please do a bad job of putting your course online”
- Resources for Moving Production Courses Online in Case of an Emergency
- Art Tasker – Work, Skill and Community Sharing during Covid-19
- Australian Arts Amidst Covid-19
- Doctors without Babysitters Meets Arts Workers without Work
- Freelance Jungle
- Healthcare Parents Meet Artists with Childcare Skills (NSW)
- Lean In Performing Arts Australia – Coping with Covid
- Transdemic: Trans Experiences of the Global Pandemic