NAVA is hosting five 1-hour Zoom workshops to amplify the voices of the visual arts, craft and design sector to the Australian Government’s National Cultural Policy consultation, 2 – 4 August 2022.
The Australian Government is developing a new National Cultural Policy to guide a diverse, vibrant and sustainable arts, entertainment and cultural sector into the future. A short period of consultation is currently open until 22 August 2022. The policy will be launched later this year.
Let’s ensure that the voices and needs of the visual arts sector are highly visible in the national conversation about the future of arts and culture.
A place for every story: reflecting the diversity of our stories and the contribution of all Australians as the creators of culture.
This session on 3 August 2022 will include policy priority presentations from:
- Alexia Derbas, Research and Policy Manager, Diversity Arts Australia
- Matthew Hall, CEO, Arts Access Australia
- Ros Abercrombie, Executive Director, Regional Arts Australia
- Amy Prcevich, Countess Report
- April Phillips, Wiradjuri-Scottish visual artist, researcher, youth mentor: Digital Lab, and First Nations Learning Designer with the Australian children’s Television Foundation
- more TBA
For the online session