5 SHORT STORIES
5 MUSICAL COMPOSITIONS
5 PODCAST EPISODES
Our time of crisis and isolation brought about by Covid-19 has shed light on the importance of artists in our society. Art can bring people closer together: inspiring, soothing, illuminating. Responding to themes of recovery and resilience as a result of the pandemic, The Noteworthy Project commissioned Sydney writers, musicians, illustrators, voice actors and a podcast producer to create new and diverse collaborative works.
Diversity Arts Australia is proud to support The Noteworthy project Produced by Kevin Bathman. Kevin received a Creative Fellowship grant from the City of Sydney to support and commission unique collaborations between diverse creative practitioners during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Peril magazine is the publishing partner and Tsarie Duthie from Peril worked with Kevin to develop this project.
The stories, podcasts, music compositions and songs and illustrations are all collaborative. Check out the teams behind each piece:
- Wood Valley: Writer Hani Abdile collaborated with composer Bukhchuluun Ganburged (Bukhu) and illustrator Safdar Ahmed
- Texas to Tabriz: Writer Sydnye Allen collaborated with composer Hoàng Ngọc-Tuấn, illustrator Serwah Attafuah and voice actor Phoebe Grainer.
- A Success of One’s Own: Writer Sarah Ayoub collaborated with music composer Nicholas Ng, voice actor Nisrine Amine, illustrator Amani Haydar and podcast producer Masako Fukui
- How to Work from Home:Writer Roanna Gonsalves collaborated with composer Prema Yin and illustrator Freda Chiu.
- Eden: Writer Julie Koh collaborated with composer Anisha Thomas, illustrator Matt Huynh, and voice actor, Gareth Yuen
See the work
Check out the Noteworthy Project works on the Peril website:
Read about the creatives
Find out more about the artists behind Noteworthy.
PODCAST PRODUCER :